About Spectrum West Interior Design
Spectrum West Interior Design is a boutique design firm, founded by Roger Klein, ASID CID who is the principal designer. We provide our clients with the creativity and professionalism which have been acquired over 25 years of experience designing and implementing residential and commercial projects.
Design for new construction and remodel.
RESIDENTIAL: Kitchens, Bathrooms and Other Rooms or Areas.
COMMERCIAL: Offices, Showrooms and Other Facilities.
“Roger did a great job on my Kitchen remodel, including re-designing the space to open it up. He was very
easy to work with and his extensive experience really helped to achieve a beautifully finished Kitchen.“
OUR GOAL IS:
- To bring all of our experience, professionalism and ability to the project, to create the dream that the client envisions.
- To work closely with the client and thoroughly investigate his or her goals, thoughts and ideas for the project, before starting design. We want to know their functional requirements as well as their preferences for style, materials, finishes, color, etc.
- To interpret these goals into an end product that reflects the client’s vision, together with a timeless, classic design that will endure. We always strive to create a space that is better than the client anticipated.
- To provide meticulous attention to detail.
- To monitor the design/construction from concept to completion to help prevent potential problems and to help smooth the way for the client. We work with architects, engineers, contractors, consultants and other team members to engender an efficient and cooperative process.
- To always have the client’s best interests at heart.
“The Palos Verdes Peninsula Association of REALTORS® Board of Directors selected Roger Klein from Spectrum West Interior Design to assist us with the merging of two office suites into one and the re-design of our entire space to handle our specific needs.
The Association moved from a larger office space into our new facility and this alone inevitably came with its own challenges! Roger listened to our requests and guided us toward the best solutions, with the end result being an office space that is beautiful, efficient, streamlined and simply works! All of this, to me, is a sign of a true professional.
Roger was a delight to work with and I am so glad the Board of Directors selected him as our Space Designer. My hat is off to you Roger! Job well done!“
Our job is to design the project with the client and develop the documents and drawings required for the contractor to build it. We monitor the project from conception to completion.
Spectrum West Interior Design has the resources for design, remodeling and construction. We assist in the selection of products, materials, fixtures, finishes and furnishings and we are able to design custom furniture, cabinetry and interior architectural detailing.
For commercial projects, we provide these services, in addition to programming and space planning. Our fees are based upon the scope of the work and are discussed on a per job basis.
We have many completed projects in the Palos Verdes/South Bay area alone, as well as other projects in Southern California.
Roger Klein, ASID, CID, is the founder and principal designer of the firm. We provide a broad spectrum of interior design services, due to Roger’s extensive experience designing various types of projects. His residential work has been published in Architectural Digest and in the Los Angeles Times Home Magazine, as well as other publications.
His credentials are as follows:
- Is a professional member of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID).
- Is a Certified Interior Designer (CID).
- Passed the National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) exam.
- Passed the California Codes exam, administered by the California Council for Interior Design Qualification (CCIDC).
- Has a Bachelor of Professional Arts degree, with a major in interior design from Woodbury University, Burbank, California.
“My newly remodeled Kitchen came out perfect. I love the impeccable detail and everything about it. I will
utilize roger’s design services again and I highly recommend him to others.“
Design for new construction and remodel.
- Kitchen Design
- Bathroom Design
- Residential Interior Design
- Commercial Office & Showroom Design
- Other Commercial Facilities.
For Our Clients
We have structured our services for our clients’ best interests.
We have the education, creativity and professionalism which have been acquired over 25 years of experience, designing and implementing residential and commercial projects.
We are a professional services firm that doesn’t sell products. The client is able to purchase directly from the vendors. As a result, we have the advantage of selecting and purchasing great products for the project from anywhere, and we can lower costs by selecting what we want from the vendors with the best pricing. Often, the client can reduce a significant amount of the design fee by the savings gained by utilizing cost effective vendors. Many of our resources also have wonderful and unique products.
We design all elements involved in a new or remodeled space – not just a portion of what is required to complete the project. As an example, for a total Kitchen remodel, such elements include the design and selection of:
- Space Planning
- Architectural Features and Detailing
- Custom Cabinets and Millwork
- Cabinets and Cabinet Accessories
- Plumbing Fixtures
- Backsplash Design
- Lighting/Electrical Design
- Wall and Ceiling Finishes
- Window Treatments
- Art Work
As the designer for the project, we are with the client all of the way – from concept to completion. We not only design every aspect of the project, but we also monitor the project throughout the build-out process. We do this because we want to catch mistakes before they happen and we want to be sure that our client experiences the best possible result.
“Roger helped us design our furniture for both Bathrooms, select fixtures, tile and color combinations which
were visually stunning and cost effective due to his many years of experience in the business. His eye for color is exceptional and we even used him for the choice of paint colors inside our entire home, after the remodel.“
The twenty-first century has awakened to the importance of sustainability for us as individuals and for the planet. We are sensitive to these issues and are able to incorporate “green design” concepts and products into our projects. More about Green Design in SERVICES.